If you’d like to become a Water Warrior in and around your own home, we’ve put together this checklist of easy ways you can improve water quality in your home, in your backyard and when you are out and about!
Additionally, check out the below list of resources that provide great information on everything from how to set up a Certified Wildlife Habitat in your backyard to where and how you can throw away household chemicals like weedkiller and cleaning supplies safely!
- Delaware’s Livable Lawn Program
- Delaware Solid Waste Authority’s Hazardous Waste Collection Schedule
- Medication Disposal (Rx “Take Back”) Sites
- Delaware Nature Society’s Certified Wildlife Habitat Program
- The Blue Guide for Water Conservation
- Rain Gardens: Gardens with Benefits
- Delaware Sea Grant’s What is a Rain Garden?
- Freshwater Wetlands Toolbox